March 29, 2010

A happier me

Miss Jewelz and me


My first half marathon after my long MC. I ran the Energizer Night Run in Cyberjaya. I was actually not prepared for the run. It was when I felt fitter that I had registered for the event, but the registration had just closed. So I thought I'l just take some photos and control my envy and wished everybody a good and safe run.


They say miracles and angels come in all shapes, forms and sizes. I was at the start line taking photos when I saw good old Max. Can't miss him for his smile and size. Max asked if I was running. I explained my predicament to him. And he just smiled and said I could have his bib. He had registered for the 21 Km, but would not be able to participate as he was called to do urgent some work. Miracle ? To think I had all my running gear in my parked car is a premonition? Anyway thanks Max, you are my Angel.
I ran the whole 21 Km and finished with a medal, coming in at 3 hours 16 minutes. Just could let my Angel down. A most satisfactory timing. Will write more later.

Thanks Julie for the nice photo above.


Allen Lai
 

No comments:

Post a Comment