December 24, 2009

My weekly training loop

Map curtesy of Ironman Putrajaya official website.


I ride alone in Putrajaya most weekends. Just to be ready and be on call to ride with the big boys. I like riding in Putrajaya because it is generally flat and we have very wide roads with good night lightings to boot. Only thing is, it can be quite hot in the later part of the morning. Another feel good thing is that, we always meet other riders in the loop every weekend. Other riders also love to ride around Putrajaya.

I used to do a 20 km ride from Taman Warisan to beyond PICC and back on the outer Putrajaya loop. Since the Putrajaya Ironman event this year, I have started to ride the official 70.3 loop. (see map above). No I am not preparing for the next Ironman in Putrajaya. I cannot swim well yet. I am still trying to unlearn my swimming strokes, before I start to learn to swim all over again.

The Putrajaya 70.3 loop is about 30 km per loop. There are no serious climbs, save for the 1.5 km stretch behind Alamanda. But it is still not too intimidating. Well, I suppose it will be quite a challenge while doing the third loop in riding the full 90km. So far I have only done two loops, and I will share my experience when I do the full three loops.

Hey, join me any weekend to try for yourself. You bet it is fun.

 And maybe, just maybe, you would give it a go for the next Ironman Putrajaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment