November 03, 2009

How it all started with me


Hi all,

 

If you want to know how it all started with me. (Skip if this post is too boring) Well it was like this.

 

During my regular medical checkups, my doctor as usual with all his patients, had always advised me to do some physical activities at least three or four times a week to stay healthy. He also advised me to change my lifestyle.

 

So I did what was advised and complied. I know a couple of tricks and cheat modes and the doctor wouldn’t know any difference. I actually walked in the park when I felt like it (to clear my hangovers) and I rode a mtb to boot. I walked about 3 K per week ala snail pace and I rode my mtb about 5 K per week. Riding my mtb was big deal, as it was 2 K more per week than walking.

 

My doctor (how did he know?) gave up on me and said finally “ Allen, You have this and that problem, and this, and this and also that, if I don’t see any progress in your health, please don’t come to see me again. You are wasting your own time. Not mine. I am duty bound to see you. But you don’t have to see me.” Bump!!  Can’t be a harder doctor/ patient relationship than that. Ok what next ?

 

Old school did a situational SWAT analysis. Maybe I can walk a bit more and the mtb is certainly too heavy. So I walked a bit more per week, and I relegated the mbb to my second son. May Senn got me a roadster to match my profile and outlook. Nothing fancy, just plain old school. The rest is history.

 

Boy did May Senn take me for a ride. Pun intended.


-------------------------------------

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allen,

    You've your doctor to tell you that, I've my Mrs... nagging me all the time! haha... and somehow I started... real slow (and am still slow).... at my own pace... I just hope I can keep this up. Thank God for blogs like yours... I will be kept moved and motivated!

    So what's the next event?

    Ü

    ReplyDelete