November 28, 2009

No Ride












A weatherman I am not. Never have been, never will be. This morning we were supposed to ride Bangi - Lukut. RV at 0700 hrs and roll out at 0730 hrs. The previous night May Senn had qued me if I had wanted to ride the next morning. I admit that I have not been riding for quite a while, because I have been busy organising a recruitment drive for Pacesetters Putrajaya Area Group. I said yes without second thoughts, Rain or Shine, we'll ride. Maybe I shouldn't have said Rain or Shine. Pantang from now onwards.


Woke up at 0530 hrs, ate heavy, loaded and packed the bike and things by 0600 hrs when May Senn rang up and did a weather check with me. I said looks good. She wasn't convinced and said look again. Ok, Ok I'll LOOK AGAIN.  Well the sky is dark but no rain, particularly in the direction of Bangi/Lukut. Sure no rain, the roads in Putrajaya were not even wet. It was raining in KL and Sg Besi area, but not in Bangi. May Senn rang again ot 0620 hrs and gave all the Systems Go.


I was the first to arrive at Bangi. Beautiful weather and it would have been a nice cool ride. The sky was darkening around the KL side, but it was still not likely to rain.Kenny and Debbie turned up next and we unloaded our bikes. May Senn, Arief, Max and Adeline arrived shortly. The weather was still fine and we geared up. We also did a couple of photo shoots before roll out. 


0729 hrs and it poured out, just like San Francisco; It nevers rain but it pours. We hurriedly loaded back the bikes and sought shelter in the cars. We decided to wait half an hour before we call it quits.  It was a touch and go situation. The rain eased off and was promisingly dry. But we could see the heavy sky coming fast towards us and from the direction of Lukut.  We would ride into the rain. Final decision, we called it off. Maybe we could ride in Putrajaya where it could be dry. Just maybe.


As we were about to leave the RV,  a group of diehard riders zooomed by, leaving us to wonder whether we should ride as plan.


But it was not to be. Will try again another weekend. 



 What rain?



Arief and Senn


Ready to go



Senn and me



Group photo



Kenny and Debbie


Adeline


Max



3 comments:

  1. Allen, the girl in blue is Adeline, not Evelyn. Hehehe.

    I havent ride to Lukut before, maybe one day I'll ride with you. But I have been riding for almost half a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops…I mean have NOT been riding for half a year…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kooky,

    Thanks for the heads up. How embarrassing. Appreciate if you don't tell her. I'll edit immediately.
    Have a good run this weekend.
    Take care.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete